Please note, it is a condition of secured loans that your asset is protected with comprehensive insurance coverage.
General and vehicle insurance
We’ve partnered with some of New Zealand’s favourite insurers so that you can easily protect the things you love.
Jump the queue, and talk to your local MTF Finance office about your insurance needs. They can put you in touch with one of our preferential partners and ensure you get the right level of cover and save time.
Mechanical breakdown insurance
We can help organise Mechanical breakdown insurance from Autosure, which covers repair costs if your car has an unexpected mechanical or electrical problem. The cost of your cover is spread over the term of your loan repayments, making it an affordable protection against the unexpected.
Our team will work with you to understand your specific needs and find the right cover for you.
You’ll get access to an unlimited number of callouts from AA Roadservice, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Plus, help with accommodation and transport if you’re caught out far from home.
24-hour AA Roadservice
Roadside help is only a phone call away for:
- mechanical breakdown
- a flat battery or tyre
- an empty fuel tank
- losing your car keys
- locking yourself out of your car.
For roadside assistance, call 0800 581 581 and quote your policy number and vehicle registration number.
Generous claim limits
There’s no limit to the number of claims you can make during your policy, although there is a limit to the amount that can be paid during any policy period or for any single breakdown.
You must keep your vehicle servicing up to date. Check your policy for timing.
How to make a claim
- Call Autosure on 0800 809 700 to make your claim and find your nearest authorised repairer.
- Drive your vehicle (or have it towed) to your authorised repairer.
- Present your policy to the repairer to determine if the breakdown is covered and request the repairer contact Autosure.
- Autosure may also require other documentation, such as proof of servicing and other relevant invoices. You may be required to complete a claim form.
For more information about conditions and exclusions, check the policy document for your vehicle and cover level.