MTF Finance means Motor Trade Finance Limited and includes any third party transferred MTF Finance’s rights.
MTF Finance Group
MTF Finance Group or we or our means MTF Finance, its subsidiaries, related entities, and network of franchises and approved dealers.
MTF Finance Loan Contract
MTF Finance Loan Contract means a contract for credit between you and a member of MTF Finance Group.
This Privacy Statement explains how MTF Finance Group collects, holds, uses and shares your personal information.
You should read this Privacy Statement carefully and make sure you understand it before you use the MTF Finance website (Website) or sign an MTF Finance Loan Contract.
If you have any questions about your privacy, ask us on 03 477 0530 or email [email protected].
MTF Finance’s privacy commitment
MTF Finance Group recognises the importance of protecting your personal information.
“Personal information” is defined in the Privacy Act 2020 and means all information about an identifiable individual.
MTF Finance Group will only collect, use and share your information in accordance with the Privacy Act and this Privacy Statement.
Agreement to this Privacy Statement
By accessing our Website and/or entering into an MTF Finance Loan Contract, you allow us to collect, use, and share personal information about you in accordance with the Privacy Act and this Privacy Statement.
This Privacy Statement will apply to any personal information you provide when you:
- use our Website to make an enquiry or apply for an MTF Finance product or service;
- participate in a competition;
- create a Website account or access our Website using your personal login; or
- enquire about or sign an MTF Finance Loan Contract.
If you provide us with any other person’s information (such as a guarantor or beneficial owner), or allow the collection of that information, you confirm that that person has allowed MTF Finance Group to collect, use and share their personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act and this Privacy Statement.
You also confirm that you have informed them of their rights to access their personal information set out in this Privacy Statement.
Updates to this Privacy Statement
MTF Finance Group may update this Privacy Statement from time to time by publishing an updated version on our Website. You should check the Privacy Statement on our Website periodically for changes.
Any changes to the Privacy Statement apply to all information collected before and after the publication date. If we think any changes may directly affect you, we will aim to let you know by sending you a message or highlighting the change on our Website. We may also take additional steps to bring the changes to your attention, as required by law.
Collection of personal information
MTF Finance Group will only collect your personal information directly from you, unless you have consented to us collecting that information from another party. For example, a credit reporting agency or where the information is publicly available.
You don't have to provide us with the information we ask for. If you choose not to, it may affect the services we can provide to you.
We have safeguards in place to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised loss, access, disclosure, modification or use.
Use of your personal information
You consent to your personal information being used by MTF Finance Group for the following:
- assessing your application, including your and/or any applicable guarantor’s creditworthiness if you apply for credit;
- providing the products or services you request, including ongoing administration;
- assessing your eligibility for other products or services that MTF Finance Group considers may be of interest to you, including assessing whether offering such products or services to you complies with the responsible lending principles in the Credit Contracts and Consumer Finance Act 2003 and the Responsible Lending Code;
- offering other products or services to you which MTF Finance Group considers may be of interest (including by email and other electronic methods);
- complying with laws, rules or regulations, including any laws, rules or regulations that we reasonably expect to be put in place, or as part of any legal investigation or proceedings;
- complying with industry standards and our policies;
- registering security interests;
- exercising rights and fulfilling our obligations under any agreements with you or at law, including the Privacy Act; and
- using the information for other purposes that you consent to at any time.
Sharing of your personal information
You consent to your personal information being shared with, accessed by or obtained from other organisations or people MTF Finance Group considers appropriate for the purposes listed above. These other organisations or people may include:
- service providers, financial and insurance institutions, and any person directly or indirectly involved in providing funding to MTF Finance Group;
- credit reporting agencies;
- government departments, government bodies or agencies in New Zealand or overseas (including tax and law enforcement authorities);
- the Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency’s ‘Driver Check’ service;
- any organisation or person providing us with guarantees or security under any agreement with you;
- our existing and potential business partners;
- any organisation or person we consider assigning or transferring any of our rights under any agreement with you; and
- any other organisation or person you consent to your personal information to be shared with or obtained from.
MTF Finance Group may use the services of credit reporting agencies on an ongoing basis. We may exchange information about you with those agencies (including information about your default and repayment history). Those agencies may retain that information and provide that information to other customers who use their credit reporting services.
Occasionally we may need to send your personal information outside New Zealand, including to service providers and suppliers that may be located overseas or have overseas operations. If we send personal information overseas directly or via a third party, it will only be for the purposes listed in this Privacy Statement. We will ensure that any such transfer of personal information will comply with the Privacy Act.
By browsing and reading the information on our Website, MTF Finance Group may gather information about your visit automatically.
Our system tracks traffic to our Website. This is not personally identifiable to you. We do this to help determine the value and quality of our Website’s content. It also allows us to monitor traffic for the purposes of software and hardware integrity and maintenance.
This may include using a “cookie” (a small data file) containing information that can identify the computer or device you are browsing from. Some features of our Website may require cookies to function.
Experience insight tools
Access to your personal information and your rights
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at [email protected], or 03 477 0530, or PO Box 885, Dunedin 9054.
If we refuse you access to your personal information, we will explain why. The Privacy Act sets out reasons we may withhold information from you.
You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us, or object at any time on legitimate grounds to the processing of your personal information. Withdrawing your consent to use or disclosure of your personal information may mean that we can no longer provide you with certain products or services.
Last updated November 2023