This Privacy Statement includes important information about the collection, use and disclosure of your information by MTF and MTF Originators. You should read this Privacy Statement carefully and be sure that you understand it before you use MTF’s website or sign a contract with MTF or an MTF Originator. If you have any queries please discuss them with MTF by using the details set out below.
MTF’s privacy commitment
MTF recognises the importance of safeguarding your personal information.
“Personal information” is defined in the Privacy Act 1993 (the Privacy Act) and means all information about an identifiable individual. We are committed to ensuring that our customers’ personal information is only collected, held, used and disclosed in accordance with the Privacy Act and this Privacy Statement.
MTF dealers and franchisors
As detailed on our website, MTF has a network of MTF franchisors and dealers who provide vehicle finance. Our franchisors and dealers are referred to in this Privacy Statement as “MTF Originators”.
Agreement to this Privacy Statement
By accessing MTF’s website and/or entering into a contract with an MTF Originator, you authorise MTF to collect use and disclose personal information about you in accordance with the Privacy Act and this Privacy Statement. For example, this Privacy Statement will apply to any personal information that you provide when you:
- use the MTF website to make an enquiry or purchase an MTF product or service, participate in a competition, create an MTF website account or access the MTF website using your personal login; or
- enquire about or sign a contract with an MTF Originator.
If you provide MTF with information about any other person (such as a guarantor), or authorise MTF to collect that information, you confirm that that person has authorised MTF to collect, use and disclose their personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act and this Privacy Statement.
Updates to this Privacy Statement
MTF may update this Privacy Statement from time to time by publishing an updated version on MTF’s website. Please check the Privacy Statement on our website periodically for changes. In addition, if we consider any changes may be material to you, we will endeavour to alert you to the new Privacy Statement by sending a message to you or highlighting the change on our website.
Collection of personal information
MTF will only collect personal information about you directly from you, unless you have authorised us to collect that information from another party (for example, an MTF Originator or a credit reporting agency). You do not have to provide us with the information we request, however if you choose not to it may affect the services we can provide to you.
Use of your personal information
You consent to your personal information being used for the following:
- if you apply for credit, assessing your application, including your and/or any applicable guarantor’s creditworthiness;
- assisting to provide the products or services you request, including ongoing administration;
- assessing your eligibility for other products or services that MTF or an MTF Originator considers may be of interest to you, including assessing whether offering such products or services to you complies with the responsible lending principles in the Credit Contracts and Consumer Finance Act 2003 and the Responsible Lending Code;
- offering other products or services to you which MTF or an MTF Originator considers may be of interest to you (including by email and other electronic means); complying with laws, rules or regulations, including any laws, rules or regulations that we reasonably expect to be put in place;
- registering security interests;
- exercising our rights and fulfilling our obligations under any agreements with you or at law, including the Privacy Act; and
- using the information for other purposes that you authorise at any time.
Disclosure of your personal information
You consent to your personal information being disclosed to, accessed by or obtained from other organisations or people we consider appropriate for the purposes listed above. These other organisations or people may include:
- MTF’s related companies, including Trustees Executors Limited;
- MTF Originators;
- service providers, financial and insurance institutions;
- credit reporting agencies;
- government departments, government bodies or agencies in New Zealand or overseas (including tax authorities);
- the New Zealand Transport Agency’s ‘Driver Check’ service;
- any organisation or person providing us with guarantees or security under any agreement with you;
- our existing and potential business partners;
- any organisation or person to whom we consider assigning or transferring any of our rights under any agreement with you; and
- any other organisation or person you authorise your personal information to be disclosed to or obtained from.
We may use the services of credit reporting agencies on an on-going basis, and may exchange information about you with those agencies (including information about your default and repayment history). Those agencies may retain that information and provide that information to other customers who use their credit reporting services.
We may also collect, use and disclose your information in accordance with the Privacy Act.
If you do nothing during your visit to this website but browse and read the information contained on this website, MTF may still gather certain information about your visit automatically. This information is generated by MTF's system which tracks traffic to this website but does not relate to you personally. This is done to assist MTF in determining the value and quality of this website and to monitor traffic for the purposes of software and hardware integrity and maintenance.
Access to your personal information
Any personal information that MTF holds about you will be held at Level 1, 98 Great King Street, Dunedin, New Zealand. You have the right to access and request correction of personal information held by MTF. MTF's contact address is PO Box 885, Dunedin 9054 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the purposes of this Privacy Statement, MTF or we means Motor Trade Finance Limited including its successors and assigns.
Last updated August 2016